Miss Vanjie’s Cookies
10s, 10s, 10s across the board! These cookies will have you dotting and bopping while still being ‘eliquence’.
What You’ll Need:
• 1 stick of salted butter • ½ cup of granulated sugar • ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract • ½ teaspoon of caramel extract • 2 eggs • 2 cups of all purpose flour • 2 teaspoons baking powder • ¼ salt • Cake Mate’s Vanilla Cookie Icing • Cake Mate’s Sprinkles Pack
- Step 1: Using a small pot, melt a full stick of salted butter. Most baking recipes suggest using unsalted, but Vanjie went home first so she’s probably extra salty about it.
- Step 2: In your mixing bowl, add 2 cups of all purpose flour (BAM!), 1/2 cup of granulated sugar (BAM!), 2 large eggs (BAM!), 2 teaspoons of baking powder (BAM!), and a teaspoon of both vanilla and caramel extract (BAM! x2)
- Step 3: Take your butter that has melted, like our hearts when Vanjie made her entrance, and pour it evenly over your ingredients.
- Step 4: Just like Miss Vanjie’s flawless face, blend it all together for a nice, even result.
- Step 5: Preheat your oven to 375 F. Take 1 step back and say “Miss Vanjie!”
- Step 6: Place parchment paper on your tray. If you don’t have parchment paper, improvise like Vanessa did in the work room. Take some aluminum foil and mist it with cooking spray, or lightly coat it with melted butter. We’ll save the Barbie dolls for another recipe, gurl.
- Step 7: Flour your hands and roll the batter into semi-medium sized balls. Once complete, gently flatten them with the palms of your hands. This might be the baking equivalent to tucking. If your batter comes out having a weird shape, that’s all right. It’s like wearing Barbie dolls as a silhouette. Not great, but forgivable.
- Step 8: Place the cookies on your baking tray. Leave some room in between, unlike VH1 airing Season 10 right after All Stars 3.
- Step 9: Open your oven and place your baking tray inside. Close the oven door, take a step back, and say ‘Miss Vanjie’ a second time.
- Step 10: Let the cookies bake for 7-8 minutes or until golden, gurls.
- Step 11: Once the cookies have baked, remove from oven and place on a cooling tray. A freezer also works. Just move the vodka and carton of cigarettes out of the way first.
- Step 12: Once cooled, begin frosting the cookies using Cake Mate’s Vanilla Cookie Icing. Treat it like make up foundation. You want it as smooth as possible for the best result.
- Step 13: Time to get these cookies all dolled up! Take some Cake Mate pink and purple sprinkles and lightly shake them over your batch of treats. To add even more Vanjie flare, I added their purple and pink butterfly sprinkles on top. BAM!
- Step 14: Pour yourself a glass of milk, take a bite of the cookie, and say one last time ‘Miss…Vanjie’ as you exit your kitchen backwards.