Pride Month is in full swing throughout the city of Toronto. It’s a special time of year when corporations throw their logos on rainbow flags in an attempt to attract the pink dollar and show they’re “supportive” of the community. Staying hydrated in the heat is as crucial as turning off notifications in a group chat. Use your water bottles for their intended purpose of H2o, and get a buzz with one of these frozen cocktail treats instead.
What You’ll Need:
• Popsicle mold kit from Canadian Tire • plastic wrap • a ladle • a funnel • scissors • elastic bands • the ingredients for your cocktail of choice.
- Step 1: Mix your poison. Decide what cocktail you’re craving and add your ingredients into a large bowl. Be as generous as you wish with the ounces, but know your limits. It’s Pride! You do you, boo.
- Step 2: Line your Popsicle molds with the plastic wrap and then cut it, leaving a few extra inches. I don’t think anyone will say no to a few extra inches this weekend.
- Step 3: Place the funnel into the mold. Using the ladle, pour in your drink. Do not fill it all the way to the top. Just like with a clingy partner, you’ll need some space.
- Step 4: Insert the Popsicle stick into the mold. Try your best to place it in the centre. Like walking a straight line in front of a police officer, be as precise as possible.
- Step 5: Grab the end of the plastic wrap and pull it close to the Popsicle stick. Take an elastic band and wrap it around both. Make sure it’s tight like a burrito, or my dress after a weekend of binge eating burritos.
- Step 6: Repeat as many times as you desire and then place your treats in the freezer. While you wait, think about that one awkward social encounter you had and replay it over and over again in your mind. How could it have gone better? Why are you like this? This should kill a few hours.